Selection of stories in print and online:
- My author page at Atlas Obscura
- What’s Up with Alaska’s Wild, Wondrous, ‘Warm-Blooded’ Bumblebees?, June 2021
- The Ice Age Persists in the Upper Midwest, Where the Hills are Breathing, May 2021
- The Carnivore Paradise that Keeps Changing the Story of Human Evolution, April 2021
- How a Secret Cold War Project Led to Signs of Ancient Life—and a New Warning About the Future, March 2021
- Five Skulls that Shook up Human Evolution, May 2020
- The New Science of Cute, December 2019
- Return to Aquaterra, June 2019
- The Origins of Dogs, December 2016
- When Dinosaurs Went Bad, May 2017
- The Secret History of the Vikings, March 2018
- Pigment of Our Imagination, April 2018
I’ve also blogged about paleontology, paleoanthropology, and occasionally archaeology for Discover at Dead Things.
Curious about the self-publishing trend a few years back, I decided to experiment and get one of the novels I’ve written into print. So I published my dark historical, Plaguewalker, available on Amazon in deadtree or e-book format.
You can follow me on Twitter (if you must…I am not an enthusiastic tweeter): @gemmatarlach